Séverine Desmarest is a self-taught photographer, who has let her passions for images, people and art prevail in her life course.
Nourrie de ses étudesNourished by her studies of law, political science and letters, she is inhabited by a deep awareness of the challenges of the world and a desire to highlight what is most generous. The artist begins to capture the aesthetic magic of the Opéra National de Paris and then the Comédie Française in his silver images while maturing his “Hands of Peace” project.
She photographs imbued with romanticism, lightness and poetry invite us to embark on an imaginary journey.
After numerous works and exhibitions for these two prestigious stages, she devotes herself to the realization of the exhibition “Hands of Peace”. the meeting with UNESCO will be the catalyst that will enable it to implement it. This project aims to bring together forty portraits of people engaged in peace initiatives, from different nations and united by the same humanist ideal.
In 2017, Séverine Desmarest presented the exhibition “Les Mains de la Paix” in partnership with UNESCO on the UNESCO gates in Paris from 30 Oct
It was inaugurated during the 39th General Conference of UNESCO (from October 30 to November 14), which brought together the 195 member states …
Since 2018, Les Mains de la Paix continues its roaming in France and abroad (Paris, Geneva, Lausanne, Cannes, La Rochelle, Fontevraud, Saint-Savin sur Gartempe …).
- 2017 / 2023 – “Hands of Peace” exhibition
- Paris, Garden of the Jeanne Garnier Medical Center
- Saintes, University Hospital Center
- Limoges, Faculty of Law and Letters
- Saintes, Cloister of Saint-Pierre Cathedral
- Limoges, Olympic ice rink
- Nantes, Nicodemus’s house
- Lausanne, Notre Dame Cathedral
- Geneva, United Nations Office
- Saint-Savin- Abbey
- Paris – Unesco gates
- Lausanne – Cathedral
- Geneva – Cathedral
- Cannes Film Festival – Place Chanoine-Grau and Notre Dame d’Espérance Church
- La Rochelle- Cloister of the White Ladies
- Fontevraud – Royal Abbey
- 2006 – exhibition “Costumes in freedom” – Albania, Alliance Française, Tirana theater – “Costumes in freedom” is part of the traveling exhibitions of the Comédie Française.
- 2002 / 2003 – exhibition “Costumes en liberté” – Paris, Studio-Theater of the Carrousel du Louvre, Theater du Vieux-Colombier, Salle Richelieu of the Comédie-Française
- 1997 – exhibition “Dance, Shadow & Light” – Paris, Opéra Bastille
- 1996 – “Flights of light” exhibition on dance and movement – Paris, Fnac Etoile
- Catalogs of old books
- 2008 – Catalog of the exhibition “Georges Barbier, the birth of Art Deco” (Venice, Fortuny museum, Sept. 2008 – January 2009), posters and postcards.
- 2002 – Poster and postcards for the exhibition “Costumes en Liberté” immortalizing dresses and stage clothes from the Comédie Française.
- 2001 – Illustrations for the book “The Orchester de l’Opéra de Paris” – Editions de la Martinière
- 2000 – Catalog and poster of the exhibition “The Voices of Silk”, dedicated to the most beautiful costumes of the Opéra National de Paris – Lyon Tissue Museum
- 1999 -Poster for the sale of stage costumes for the Opéra National de Paris.
- Irina Bokova, Director General of UNESCO: “The New Humanism” and the Hands of Peace (fr – Cannes Film Festival 2016)
- Le cœur du cœur, c’est la générosité (fr – Nicole Bertin Infos, 2022)
- La paix au creux des mains (fr – Sud-ouest, 2022)
- A chacun son geste de Paix (fr – La Vie, 2018)
- Un hommage aux artisans de la paix (fr – La Vie, 2018)